You know you’re in Playa del Carmen when you’re wiggling your toes in warm white sand and truly staring at the clear turquoise colored ocean water. Playa del Carmen is a destination for every budget from the most expensive and exclusive resorts to the most affordable ones. Are you looking for some budget vacations in Playa del Carmen? You just got to the right place!
Here’s a hotel and activities guide for having some budget vacations in Playa del Carmen.
Playa del Carmen is at its best for the adventure travelers who are wondering know the best spots in the area for an affordable price avoiding the all inclusive concept and luxurious resorts.
Mayan Explore recommends you avoid August and December, since many Mexicans plan their vacations in these months and the hotels arfe usually more expensive.
Here you’ll find a list or hotels that Mayan Explore recommends you:
TOP LOW COST ACTIVITIES IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN
Many Playa del Carmen visitors prefer to explore the area by themselves rather than taking a commercial tour from the 5th avenue.
What to do in Playa del Carmen? Mayan Explore recommend you this TOP 5 activities in Playa del Carmen and the surroundings:
1.Visit the beach of Playacar This beach is also known as being the most quiet area in which you can relax and is often without crowds. This beach starts next to Señor Frogs and ends just past Sandos Playacar. The walk to the end of Playacar is a nice one, walking past of the big houses, hotels and resorts.
2. Have a daytrip to the Island of Cozumel Cozumel is Mexico’s largest island just in front of Playa del Carmen, where you can visit the Mayan Ruins of San Gervasio and also visit the “Museo de la Isla” where they have many mayan artifacts. The Island is declared one of the world’s top diving destinations thanks to the unusually clear waters and more than 200 species of marine wildlife.
3. Visit a cenote An estimated six thousand cenotes have been found in the Mexican states of Yucatan and Quintana Roo. In some cenotes, archaeologists have discovered thousands of artifacts and human remains, dated from 800 to 1550 A.D. The cenotes are underground caverns and river systems that formed limestone sink holes. The cenotes are a truly unique natural gift that is a pleasure to explore.
4. Visit the Ruins of Tulum Tulum one of the top visited mayan archeological site, located on the Caribbean coast overlooking the tourquoise waters. The archaeological site of Tulum is about a 1 hour drive south of Playa del Carmen. These Mayan ruins are some of the best preserved in the Yucatan and have the most beautiful broad white beaches, considered the finest in the Riviera Maya.
5. Swim with turtles in Akumal Akumal is well known as the home of many different types of turtles which are protected by locals. Enjoy a day in a different bay from all the ones found in Cancun and Riviera Maya, with calm waves perfect for snorkeling and watch a natural spectacle with many turtles and fishes. Take a bus to Playa del Carmen ($48 pesos one way) and then take a “colectivo” to Akumal which are located in Calle 2 norte between Av. 15 and 20 ( $30 pesos one way).
TOP BUDGET RESTAURANTS IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN
Are you wondering which are the restaurants that locals know are the best and not expensive to eat in Playa del Carmen ?
Here’s a small list of our best recommendations to eat in Playa del Carmen:
1. La Cueva del Chango The preferred restaurant for locals. The perfect restaurant for a delicous breakfast or lunch with affordable prices and great natural atmosphere.
2. 100% Natural One of the most famous restaurant for having breakfast. Sunyaxche avenue Downtown. Ph. 884-3617
3. Restaurante Adela A traditional mexican restaurant in the 5th avenue of Playa del Carmen. We highly recommend it if you want to taste the real mexican cuisine.
4. Fusion Restaurant Enjoy the calm ocean breeze and fantastic view from the restaurant and bar overlooking the mexican Caribbean Sea while dining on international fusion cuisine with affordable prices.
5. Pizza Stations If you would like something fast and economic there are many pizza stations in the 5th avenue where you can eat a slice for $2 usd.
Playa del Carmen is destination for everyone, it only depends on your imagination. You will have all the activities you want for the price you want to pay. If you have any questions our you would like our help, feel free and send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more Information and destinations enter: www.mayanexplore.com